5 Things That EVERYONE Should Do For Their Skin
Are you looking for a key formula to achieve and maintain that healthy skin? Then you have come to the right place, in this blog we will discuss the five easiest things that everyone should do for their skin. It's not rocket science to achieve your best possible skin naturally, just a few lifestyle changes that affect your skin that much.
Sleep is the most basic and one of the most important parts of our day-to-day life. Our body heals when it's on rest and that’s why sleep is on the top of the list because even if you do the rest of the things, you will not achieve the best skin without decent sleep. Our fatigued muscles, injuries, hair growth, regenerating skin cells, and everything happening in our body need an ample amount of sleep to stay in the best health.
Our body has more than 1.6 billion skin cells which are divided into three groups; epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis. The top layer of skin is the epidermis which is made of mostly dead and dried skin cells which we shed the most while sleeping the bottom layer keeps regenerating and that works best at the same time, that’s the reason a good night's sleep is also called beauty sleep. So you can win the half battle by just maintaining at least 7 hours of sleep every day. Also, don’t forget to keep changing your bed sheets and pillow cover at least once a week as sleeping on your dead skin cells can cause skin issues like acne, dandruff, and blemishes.
Ever heard this phrase, “You are what you eat”? It’s true, your diet reflects your overall health, muscle growth, energy, and last but not least, your skin. You need a balanced diet to keep your skin and overall body in the best possible shape and health. Right nutrients impact a lot in the regeneration of skin cells. Here’s a list of nutrients and their respective food where you can find them in ample amounts to make it easy to understand what to add to your diet;
- Vitamin A: Carrots are the easiest way of consuming Vitamin A. This nutrient will improve your skin cell regeneration giving you that constant supple skin.
- Zinc: Sesame seeds and green peas are rich in zinc, you should definitely add zinc-rich food to your diet if you have regular sun exposure as it also helps to heal in sun burnt skin cells. • Vitamin C: Orange, apple, amla, and other citric fruits are rich in vitamin C which encourages skin glow by increasing collagen formation and repairing sun burnt skin cells.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, and tuna are a few omega-3-rich foods. An ample amount of consumption of this nutrient will control your skin inflammation, redness, psoriasis, and acne.
- Probiotics: Yogurt is one of the best probiotic-rich food that can keep your gut health in check as your skin reflects your inner health.
- Anti-oxidants: Kale, berries, pomegranate, matcha green tea, dark chocolate, and capsicum are some of the highest antioxidant-rich foods that can control free radicals that show early aging signs.
- B Vitamins: Brewer’s yeast, mushrooms, and wheat germ are packed with B vitamins, which help your cells use energy from carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
- Molybdenum: Lima beans and other legumes (edamame, green peas) are good sources of molybdenum to help your skin synthesize new, beautiful, and bright cells.
Our 70% of the body is made of liquid and it highly affects your skin as well. If you keep your body enough hydrated then all your organs will stay in perfect working mode which will directly or indirectly affect your skin’s health. Also, our skin has pores in it through sweat comes out with impurities so if your body is dehydrated then sweating will make it more dehydrated. Your proper water consumption will definitely keep your skin clean and healthy.
4. Right Products
Choosing the right product for your skin is like choosing your soulmate who is made just for you because these days our market is filled with numerous beauty and personal care products made from every possible ingredient. So do not get influenced by the over-promising products as changing products is like lifestyle change which should gradually improve your hair and skin, and if anything brings sudden change then be careful it might harm your skin in long-term use just like medications.
You should opt for products that are from all harmful chemicals like sulfates, parabens, silicone, and synthetic fragrances. Because these ingredients will give you a sense of cleaning as they will produce more foam but they will cut a huge tole in long-term usage. So better choose Ingredients that are safe for your skin and environment too.
Here are a few brands you can trust for your skincare;
- Kama Ayurveda.
- Forest Essentials.
- Miel Natural.
- Juicy Chemistry.
- Good Vibes.
Regular workouts will do such wonders for your body and skin that you would have never imagined. This habit will literally change your life. You will look younger, your energy levels will get high, your focus will improve, your digestion and other body organs will improve, your heart will get stronger, your skin will detox while sweating, and whatnot. Regular workouts will make your skin sweat and improve the whole body’s blood circulation which will make your skin glow effortlessly.
You can choose a uniform for a workout, yoga, gymming, outdoor sports, running, cycling, or anything which includes lots of physical activity.